But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Monday, March 10, 2008

We Run

Tonight at group training, we ran and Jamey captured the action on video. He is going to analyze our form and talk to us about things we need to correct. We stayed afterward a little bit to look at the videos of ourselves.

Apparently, I run like a girl. That's probably because I am a girl.

Romie has told me that I run on my toes - not tippy-toes, just that my toes touch first. So I tried not to do that tonight and running felt super awkward and clunky to me. I just wasn't comfortable at all and felt like every step was heavy and jarring.

Tomorrow, we start running during our training a little bit. For the first week of this, we run two minutes, walk four minutes, and repeat four more times (total of 30 minutes). We only do this every other day. We'll increase the running time and lessen the walking time each week.

Tomorrow, Mom and I driving to Indianapolis for the day, so I don't know when I'll get my running in.
We're going to the Flower and Patio Show, so we'll get a LOT of walking in, but I'm not going to run through the displays there. It depends on how late we get back, and we've been known to return from our jaunts in the wee hours of the morning, so we'll see. If that happens, I may do my running early on Wednesday, which would give me a fair amount of rest time before we run again on Thursday evening.

Several people complained of sore thighs tonight, and that's the problem I had over the weekend, too. Going down the stairs really made me feel it. I think we're supposed to be feeling like this and it's those darned lunges that are to blame. But no pain, no gain, as they say.

I'll bet "they" never had to do lunges.

__________________________

Today: Walk 30 minutes √

117

No comments: