But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Before or After?

I work on Wednesday afternoons. This means I have to make a decision about whether to do my walking before or after work. I would guess that most people given that choice would walk in the morning, and maybe I will when the weather decides to play nicely. But being a night owl (and procrastinator extraordinaire), of course I decided to wait.

When I got to work, I found another good reason to wait until after. I asked if any of my co-workers were interested in staying after work on Wednesdays to walk/run with me. Imagine my surprise when I found out that they had already discussed doing this, starting next week! I'm really happy about this, because it's more enjoyable to do this with someone. The time passes much more quickly and it seems less like work.

I got home from work tonight around 6:00, and Romie and I walked together outside. I like my new watch, because it has a countdown timer, so I just set it for twenty minutes and off we went. It was cold - about 28° - but the sun was still up and the air smelled so good.

We have very little traffic on our road, and not one single car passed us while we were out. Some people might find walking down a country road to be boring, but we don't, and it's
way more interesting than walking on the treadmill in the basement.

__________________________

Today: Walk 20 minutes √


No comments: