But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Monday, March 24, 2008

Run Some, Walk Some, Run Some More


Romie accompanied me to group training tonight. I think he would love to be a part of the group, but I'm happy that he's being so supportive and is training right with me at home. It definitely helps keep me going.


We did more drills tonight - different ones. I like the variety that Jamey's presenting to us, because it's this kind of stuff that has turned me off so much about exercising in the past. Not that I like the running part any better, but doing anything as a part of a group helps a great deal.

In fact, I wish we were doing our running together on the days we have group training. I just do better mentally when I know I have to do it. The most difficult thing for me is to stick with it. As we add running time to our workouts, it's becoming more and more difficult to resist just quitting. I know I can't quit and deep down, I don't really want to, but it would be so easy to just give up.

Maybe I'm trying to push ahead too quickly. I'm struggling to finish running the three minute parts and by Wednesday, we're supposed to move ahead to running four minutes, walking two, and repeating that four more times. Unless a major miracle happens, I think I'm going to need to keep working on completing the three-minute runs before I add more time to them.

It was still sunny and nice outside when we got home, although a bit chilly at 39°. I didn't want to run at all, but Romie and I headed out and down the road. He had tried to give me an out, saying we could run tomorrow, but I knew it was supposed to rain then and I don't want to run in the cold rain. We didn't really do the running schedule per se, because I had issues that I won't go into here, but we ran some and walked some and ran some and walked some.

The last time I ran (Saturday) and tonight, I noticed my right foot seemed to be dragging as I neared the end of my running. It's like I don't have the ability to lift it and could be just fatigue and weak muscles.

119.5

2 comments:

acouchy said...

Hi Kylee,
I found your blog a few days ago and I have read every entry. I just want to tell you that I am so impressed that you willingly signed up to do this. Amazing.

You are not at all crazy... you are brave. You should be so proud of what you are doing.

My name is Cheri, I'm 32 yrs. old and I have had fibro for 10 yrs.
I started running a few months ago. Not willingly though... at least in the beginning. My boyfriend encouraged me to start running. He started me on the same program that he did 7 years ago. It is a 14 week program to run a 10k (unlike you, I am not signed up to run any event... yet).

I am currently on week 12. When I happened across your blog I was searching the internet to see if anyone with fibromyalgia can actually run for 10 minutes without a walk break. I just couldn't believe it was possible. I have since found out on my own that this possible. Yay :)
I find it very interesting that you are having difficulty with the 3 mins. Me too! At 2 1/2 mins. I ALWAYS look at my watch because I am extremely sore and fatigued. I hate to say this but it honestly hasn't gotten any easier. On every run thus far, everything past 3 minutes is an extreme struggle. I just take a deep breath and run through it.

Thank you for blogging your experiences and letting me share mine. I'll cheer you on...

Go Kylee!!!

Kylee Baumle said...

Hi Cheri!

I'm so glad you left these comments! It's encouraging to me that another fibro sufferer is doing this! You keep it up! I'm proud of YOU!

I had a really good running day today, after a horrible one on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure the fibro was working against me on Saturday. I spent the entire day Sunday on the couch. Today was a total 180.

I know there will be many more icky days ahead, but just one good day will be enough to keep me going through the bad ones. When it feels good, it's great, isn't it?

I don't know for certain how long I've had fibromyalgia, but I'm going to say somewhere around 4-5 years. It took the doctors three years to diagnose it for certain and that was three years ago. Oops, I guess that makes it at least six years, doesn't it? Time flies...

Thanks for being my cheerleader! Pop in and comment now and then to let me know how you're doing!

*hugs*