But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Get Yer Inspiration Here!


Someone sent me a link to a news story about a marathon runner this past week. I read it and was amazed. He'd recently completed a half-marathon, for which he set a record, in spite of stopping in the middle of it to have a beer and a cigarette.

Now he's training for a full marathon, to be run in London in April. Drinks a lot, smokes, and he's the father of 17 children, too. I'm not sure which of those things is harder on a person.

I'm going to be interested to see how he does in the London Marathon, because he's trying to set another record, and I'm totally amazed at how a smoker can do this kind of thing so well. I don't drink beer, I don't smoke, I've only had two children, and there's no way I would attempt to run a full marathon. I'll be doing well to finish this half one.

I'd use the excuse that I'm fifty years old, but I think Buster would find that to be pretty lame. He's 101.




Buster's advice to runners:

"Don't think about it too much. Just do it."



__________________________

Today: Walk 30 minutes √


No comments: