But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One Minute More

Today - a running day - starts the second week of running for me, and now we're to run three minutes, then walk three minutes, rinse and repeat four more times.

At work, Ashley couldn't stay to run tonight, but Kerrie was expecting me to run outside with her at the end of the day. I told her no way. It was 38°. When Jenna and Kara were in their college golf playing days, they knew I was a fair weather golf mom and as long as I have an indoor facility to do my running, you won't find me outside unless it's
nice. Kerrie called me a weenie. LOL.

I got home, was sleepy, so I took a nap, knowing full well that it might affect my resolve to do my running on the treadmill. The call of the couch was just too compelling. I awoke at 7:00, went down to the basement, turned on Wheel of Fortune and got my legs moving.

My ankle felt a little tender, but as long as I concentrated on relaxing my calves and ankles, I was amazed at how far I could go. Three minutes. YEAH! And another three minutes. YEAH! And one more time. YEAH!

The fourth time, I got winded and my ankle was starting to hurt more, so I stopped at 1:45 and walked for :15, then ran for the remaining 1:00.
On the final three minute run, I was struggling about halfway through and then the tread on the treadmill slipped and I nearly fell off. That was enough for me to call it a day. But I really felt good that I was even able to run at all. More icing on the ankle tonight and we'll see how it goes tomorrow!

No comments: