But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Photos, Bios and Up On Our Toes

Group training today. But before we started, we had to fill out bio sheets and have our photos taken for Mary (Collins) to put on WPTA-TV's website. Some of the women weren't too excited about the photo shoot, because we didn't know about it ahead of time. One didn't have her make-up on and a couple made comments about their hair.

Yes, these things are important to women. It's one thing to come to a workout without make-up once in awhile, but quite another to have it out there for all the world to see. (But I really did think she still looked fabulous.)

Jamey's getting tougher on us. Tonight at group training, he added strength training exercises. These are the very kinds of things that made me give up exercising years ago. If Jamey were not standing right in front of me watching, I wouldn't do them. Or I would only do a couple of them. I hate them. Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em!

I like doing the stretching ones; they actually feel good.
But okay, I know I need to do all of them for several reasons. First of all, Jamey says we have to. Secondly, I know that they will get easier the more I do them. Third, each thing we do is a means to an end. And fourth, there's this hip thing I've got going on.

Jamey asked how my hip was doing. I told him it did fine while we were doing our exercises, both the stretching ones and the strengthening ones. Oh, I could feel some pain during those, but it was kind of a good pain. The painful pain comes when I'm walking, and it's in the joint, not the muscles. I really haven't had much muscle soreness, with the exception of my right calf muscle.


We talked some more after the training session was over and he did some further checking of things. What I have has got a name, but I can't remember what he called it. Some sort of gliding or sliding syndrome. Again, my weakness in the hip area on that side is the culprit. Maybe that's why when I tense up my gluts, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the pain disappears.


Ah well, it does feel good to exert myself like this.


__________________________


Today: Walk 20 minutes √

115.5

2 comments:

beckie said...

I don't think I would like that one either! Yeah Kylee, keep going!

kate said...

I just got caught up on your training. You're doing great!! It's tough, but it gets easier with time. (heard that one before?) It's true though., when you start feeling progress. The strange thing is that you'll begin to miss it if you miss a day or two.

Have you noticed any difference in your sleep yet?
The thing with pain is th