But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Building Ourselves Up

It was interesting (and comforting) to hear everyone comparing notes as we dribbled into the gym for group training tonight. This was our first time seeing each other after starting to do some running and at least half were having problems running a full two minutes at a time. I'm in that half.

We ran together tonight and while it seemed easier doing it in the gym than outside like I did yesterday, there were a few times where I again had to stop running before the two minutes were up. While I was definitely out of breath, the reason I had to stop was because my legs just couldn't do it anymore. I need thunder thighs.

I went to Jenna's apartment after training, because I have an all-day dental meeting at the Grand Wayne Center tomorrow and didn't want to drive home tonight and turn right around and drive back to Ft. Wayne early tomorrow morning. Besides, I like getting to spend some time with my baby girl. I just wish she hadn't told me that she runs 20 minutes straight on the treadmill.

Oh, to be 25 years old again...

____________________

( Run 2 minutes / Walk 4 minutes ) x 5 = 30 minutes

116

No comments: