But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

On My Own


It's Day Two and for today and tomorrow, I won't have the benefit of my fellow runners beside me to make the training more enjoyable. At this point, that shouldn't be a deterrent. I'm excited about taking this on, and the training isn't that intense yet. On the other hand, it would be tempting to skip a day, because it doesn't seem like we're doing that much.

If you're an instant gratification kind of person (like I am), or a procrastinator (like I am), this can be a really lethal combination when undertaking something like this. Skipping days then cramming won't work for this like it did when I took Anatomy and Physiology in college.

My left hip is hurting quite a bit today, which doesn't surprise me, but after feeling so good last night after training, I think doing the walking and stretching will help. It's just going to take some time. After all, this is a half-marathon, not a sprint.
__________________________

Today: Walk 20 minutes √


2 comments:

beckie said...

Okay Kylee, repeat after me... One day at a time! You know with the fibro working thru the pain is not the healthy thing to do. Pace is best. Keep going!!!Ra Ra Ra!

Kylee Baumle said...

Thanks so much for helping me along! That one day at a time thing is really applicable here. I think if I can get this hip thing under control, things will go pretty well!