But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Friday, March 14, 2008

I Can Barely Walk

I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that I spent the largest share of today sitting in a chair listening to a dentist talk about lawsuits and lichen planus. I have a feeling a day with a little more physical activity might have been better. But I did need the CEUs (Continuing Education Units).

When I woke up this morning I could barely walk. When I got out of my car in the parking garage, I could barely walk. When we had our mid-morning break and I stood up from my chair, I could barely walk. And it didn't get any better as the day wore on. In fact, by the time we left to go home at 4:30, I could barely walk and I was making odd noises as I tried to put one foot in front of another. They sounded like moans to me.

This is the most uncomfortable I've been yet. It seems that every muscle in my body hurts. At this point, I don't know if it's from the running or the fibromyalgia. Probably some of both, based on my fatigue level.

I got home, got out of my clothes, donned a robe and curled up on the couch. For a split second, I contemplated whether I should forgo the nap and do my exercises, but the next thing I knew, I woke up and it was 7:00. I got off the couch and I could barely walk. (Are you sensing a pattern here?)

What is it they say? Something about the hair of the dog that bit ya... Or was it that you should get right back on the horse...

So, I did my exercises, ate some supper, and as soon as I finish typing this, I'm heading to bed, waaaaaay earlier than normal. But at least I can go to sleep with a clear conscience that despite the soreness, despite the fatigue, despite the disdain I have for those exercises, I still did them.

Good for me. Good night.

No comments: