But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, March 2, 2008

In Search of a Heart Rate Monitor


As legendary as my dislike of exercise is my superb ability to shop. I can find the best deal on just about anything. But if you had to pay me by the hour for as long as it takes me to do research on whatever I'm buying, you could buy ten of them at Sak's. It's the thrill of the hunt, I guess.

I'm looking for a heart rate monitor. Ideally, it would have these features:

  • · Monitor with no chest strap
  • · Can check heart rate while running
  • · Tells time (Duh.)
  • · Gives speed and distance covered
  • · Stopwatch
  • · Is petite in size (I have the wrists of a child)
  • · Has fashion styling (subjective, I know)
  • · Costs $50 or less (you can stop laughing now)

So I've spent considerable time looking online at monitors and there are a couple that I could live with. I don't necessarily want to buy the cheapest one out there nor one that has all those features (because I don't want to spend that kind of money). I just want to get the best deal on whichever one I choose.


Right now, this one is the front runner :






1 comment:

beckie said...

Kylee, I'm so proud of you. You are going at this with the heart of a lion and the strength of a kitten (I know!)
The monitor looks great. Really! Stylish! (okay, it'll do)