But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, March 27, 2008

It Was My Shoes!


At group training tonight, we started by walking/running for about ten minutes. I wore different shoes than I'd been wearing and to everyone's amazement, my running was much quieter! Jamey had been calling me "Kloppy" because I made so much noise with my running, and he could tell a big difference just with my wearing different shoes.


The ones I wore tonight were Skechers cycling-style shoes and are really lightweight, but they don't have good support for running. So I think this means that I'll be getting new running shoes. We are to have someone come and talk to us about shoes in the next few weeks, so I'll wait until then to start looking for some.

Also tonight, Jamey set up stations where we would do a certain exercise with equipment for one minute, then we would rotate and go to the next one. It was fun doing this. Except for the push-ups.

We had partners and Sharon was mine. In one minute, I think she did fifteen push-ups and I COULDN'T DO EVEN ONE! I could let myself down to the floor, but absolutely couldn't push myself up again. I knew my upper body strength was lacking, but this is pathetic!



I liked working with the big ball the best. The other ones were okay and I didn't have any trouble with those. These were considered core strengthening exercises, but when we were done, I could really tell that I'd given my arms a workout, too.



_____________________________
Photos by Jamey Gordon

No comments: