But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Training in Chicago


I did my workout here today:



Just kiddin'. (But we did go there.)

We're in Chicago for the weekend and I got to work out in a really cool wellness center that's associated with Delnor Community Hospital in Geneva. What a huge, busy place it was this morning! Romie and I walked together, along with Jim (our host), around their track.

Inside the track was the cardio workout equipment, so while we hoofed it 'round and 'round, others were running and walking in place, cycling, ellipticising, and climbing stairs.


One wall of the center is all glass, so it was kind of fun as we came around that corner and could look out at the ornamental grasses swaying in the breeze over the snow-covered landscape. Another wall was mirrored and I swear it made me look skinnier than I really am. (Maybe they do that so you'll feel like what you're doing is working, if you're trying to lose weight.)

After my half-hour of walking, I did my stretches. Romie lasted about five minutes with those and went off to practice shooting threes in the gym. On the wall, right in front of where I was stretching, was a visual chart of - oh, look - stretching exercises! They were nearly identical to the ones I was doing.

So, we finished there and then stopped in at the nearby Crate and Barrel where I rewarded myself with two new spatulas, a set of shower curtain rings, and some glassware.

I might be on to something here. Every time I complete my training session for the day, I reward myself! This might work! :-)

__________________________

Today: Walk 30 minutes √

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how different people can perceive the same thing in different ways. Those very same mirrors made me look F-A-T -- couldn't possibly be the way I really look, of course!