But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Struggling a Little

Last night at group training, we walked/ran for about ten minutes, then spent the rest of the time doing the various exercises at several stations around the gym. For some we used equipment, and for some we didn't. Some were new moves, some we had done before. I enjoy these and I was REALLY happy that Jamey didn't have us doing those blasted push-ups. I can't do them anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Today, I thought about doing my running before I started working outside in the gardens, but since I like gardening better than running, I put my gloves on and got to work. BAD MOVE.
You'd think I'd learn, after my experience on Sunday, but no. I did remember to eat today, though.

About 6:00, I put my running shoes on and headed out. Romie's taking the week off from running, to try to give his hip joints a break, so he rode his bicycle beside me. He attempted to be my timekeeper, but he kept giving me the wrong times. I know this because I had my watch on too, and was keeping track of the time myself. I fussed at him about this, and he protested, "I'm only off by 15 seconds or so."


Only 15 seconds? When you're gasping for air and your thighs are burning and your hip joints are hurting, fifteen seconds might as well be another minute. I'm not sure why my hip joints were hurting, but they were. Both of them. And I just couldn't seem to get enough oxygen to keep me going. I kept getting dizzy, too.

So, I did what I could, which was to run as long as I could, then walk a couple of minutes and run again. That was 4:30 when I started out, then my times fell
drastically after that. There were times of 3:00, 2:20, 1:20, 2:00, and even one that barely made a minute. *sigh*

This makes three times in a row that I've had a bad running day. But I'm hopeful that this is just one of those bumps in the road and the next time I run (tomorrow), it will go better.

120.5

1 comment:

kate smudges said...

Hi Kylee,

I just caught up on your gardening and your running. Things are going great! I haven't been by for awhile and wondered how you were doing.

Spring is far more advanced there than here. I still have my bags of seeds, some of which I had better get started soon. Just running late... well, not running at all.

I was sorry to hear about Barney - how disappointing and sad to discover he was sick.
Keep up the great work - you have made huge strides.