But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Monday, April 14, 2008

Drill Sergeant

The last several times in group training, Jamey has put us through drills. You hear a lot of complaining about some of them and we tease Jamey that he's mean and sadistic, and while that may be true, (just kidding, Jamey!), we know that he knows what's best for us. He's just trying to help us build up core strength and strong legs which will help us achieve the level of fitness we need to run 13.1 miles in September.

We started out running tonight, before the drills, and I ran the entire ten minutes straight, without stopping. It felt good. Then we did two circuits of drills, and by the time we were finishing up with those, my blood sugar was taking a dive. I was shaky and I wanted food NOW.

I worked out this session in new shoes that I had bought on Saturday. They're New Balance 661 running shoes that I bought at Kohl's for a great price. They were originally $64.99, marked down to $44.99, plus I had a 30% off coupon, making the final price $31.49.



117.5

No comments: