But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, April 24, 2008

See Kylee Not Run


I've been bad. I've not run since Monday night. This is a horribly busy time for me. When the weather is nice, as it has been for awhile now, I work like a crazy person in the gardens. We've got big ones and are in the process of expanding several of them. There are several projects we're working on, too. And of course, Jenna's wedding in four weeks.


Last night after work, neither Kerrie nor Ashley was able to stay and run and when I got home, I got busy with outside projects and I didn't stop with them until after dark. By then, I was exhausted.

The same thing happened tonight. I worked outside all day, digging out grass so I could make a dry bed that will hopefully help with the flooding that occurs there whenever we get heavy rains. And after I got it dug, I shoveled rock and hauled it from the back of our property up to the house and put it in the bed.

I won't be able to run tomorrow either because Mom and I are driving to Columbus to pick up plants for the Smiley Park Children's Garden and we'll be gone all day. That means I won't be running until Saturday - five days since the last time I've run. That's the longest time I've ever gone without running.

I may not have run and I missed group training tonight, but let me tell you this - removing sod and leveling compacted clay soil, as well as shoveling and hauling stone, is GREAT for strengthening those core muscles.

TAKE. MY. WORD. FOR. IT.

No comments: