But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I've Met My Match


I've been working at University Park Research a few days recently, and there are some of my co-workers there that are going to do the half-marathon on the 27th, too. One of them - Diana - asked me to come walk with her and today was the day. I drove to her house in the afternoon and we walked the country roads of northern Allen county.

Though I walk about as fast as anyone I know, Diana walks faster. Oh my. And she made it look like she could go even faster. She's even about my size. No longer legs or anything.

We chatted non-stop and it made the time and distance (7 miles) go very quickly. We laughed about how on race day we'd probably get to the end and say, "What? That was 13 miles already?"

No comments: