But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Monday, June 9, 2008

Two Long Miles


I missed group training tonight, but I ran two miles like I was supposed to. We'd had some strong storms roll through around supper time, but once I was sure they had moved eastward and there was no chance I would be struck by lightning, I started my run down the road.


The first five minutes of a run are the toughest for me. Right now I'm not having a hard time getting out there to run, which is a major accomplishment, but the first steps are not fun. My legs feel tired, heavy, and stiff. I stretch fairly well before I run, and that helps, but I can't wait until I'm warmed up and settled into a rhythm.

Tonight, I just never got settled in. The entire two miles was a struggle. I was breathing fine, but my legs just did not want to be doing what I wanted them to do, and I was glad when two miles were behind me.

Tomorrow is a 0-2 mile day, and I will be running two miles, because on Wednesday, when I'm supposed to run two miles, I'll be on a bus headed for Chicago Botanic Gardens. I'll get plenty of walking exercise that day, but no running.

No comments: