But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Shoes


Ashley and I had planned to run the New Haven Canal Days 5K course today after work, but my training schedule wouldn't allow it, so we drove to the River Greenway. The easternmost end of the trail system begins in Moser Park in New Haven, so that's where we always start when we run there.


The trail is marked every quarter-mile and it winds through woods, which was a definite advantage today. It was very humid and hot and I'm not used to running in that. I
don't run in that if I can help it. We both had good, uneventful runs.

After we parted ways, I headed west to the Three Rivers Running Company to see about getting a Fuel Belt. Because of a little problem I have when I run, Jamie said I need to watch my fluid intake prior to heading out for a run, and hydrate during my run. Since there are no water sources along the route I run when I'm at home, I need some way to carry water with me, and the Fuel Belt takes care of that. It does look rather dorky though.

When I first walked in the door, I noticed a sign announcing a shoe sale. Shoes? Sale? Lead me to 'em.

I talked with Casey and he recommended the Mizuno Wave Creation, which is a neutral running shoe. I pronate, so my inserts will go in these as well. When I bought my New Balance shoes in April, I didn't know that you were supposed to buy your running shoes half a size larger than normal. Now that we're running longer distances, I'm noticing the relative shortness of the New Balance shoes.

The Mizunos feel amazing and they were such a good price! They were originally $110, and were marked down to half off at $55.00. SOLD! I'll start wearing them for my shorter runs and break them in before wearing them for the long distances.

No comments: