But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Friday, June 13, 2008

Running Between the Raindrops


We've had quite the summer of storms so far, and it's not even officially summer yet. You'd never know it by the temperatures. It's been unusually hot for June, and while I enjoy hot weather, this is ridiculous. And I definitely don't enjoy the severe storms that have been coming our way.


The National Weather Service says we are in for it again today, so I did something I usually don't do - I got up and ran my two miles first thing. I was done by 9:00. It had thundered and rained a little bit before that, but there was a break before the real storms were due to arrive, so I got out there and sweat a good one.

My run today was a little better than Monday's, but still, my legs seemed to be protesting a bit the entire run. My cardio-pulmonary system is working oh so efficiently, but my legs seem to be reluctant to get with the program lately. Past experience has taught me that this will pass, though.

I wasn't supposed to run at all today, but I missed running on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so I needed to run today. And now that I have, I can put that out of my mind until tomorrow, when I will run for three miles. Just like last Saturday, except that I'll be doing it alone, instead of with a hundred other people.

No comments: