But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

47


I had my yearly check-up at the doctor's office today. All went well and when the nurse checked my blood pressure, it was normal for me: 100/68. Then she read my pulse: 47. Normal for me is in the mid-50s. After she told me what it was, she asked, "Are you a runner?"


A smile washed across my face and I told her that yes, actually I was. It still doesn't feel natural to admit that I'm a runner. Yes, I run, but it's not really a way of life for me yet. I don't know if it every really will be, but time will tell.

If I don't end up being a runner after the half-marathon in September, I will do something to maintain this level of fitness that I will have achieved. It's been too much work to throw it all away. Cycling maybe, walking for sure. But maybe, just maybe, I will run.

No comments: