But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Monday, June 2, 2008

I Got Scolded. Sort of.


When I arrived at group training tonight - a little late, due to horrendous traffic through a couple of construction zones - Jamey made me go in front of the group and had them tell me what the running schedule was for today. Two miles. Not three or four. Two. No more.


Regardless of my having run two longer distances in the last week, I'll be more than happy to only run two miles! Especially when it's in the 80s and very humid!


When we began training, the goal was to run for 30 minutes by the end of May. I never thought I'd make that, but I have. Running for pretty much 30 minutes straight takes me a distance of nearly three miles, so I didn't think I was doing anything wrong by running the distances I did. In fact, last Wednesday, I did run just 30 minutes and went 2.8 miles.


But this week starts our transition to running by distance, not minutes. If it takes us 45 minutes to cover two miles, so be it. We're just to cover the assigned distance on the schedule and no more. There will be plenty of opportunity to run longer distances when we do one long run a week, on the weekends.

Our new running schedule:



*If you click on it, it will open a larger version.

We ran two miles at the Jorgenson YMCA, out on the Aboite New Trails, which is where we will be meeting as a group once a week from here on out. It was hot and humid and I sweat buckets. But the run itself went well for me. We did some chatting afterwards, then I drove home and finished up some gardening chores.

113

No comments: