But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Greenway Goodness


Romie had his yearly skin cancer exam in Fort Wayne today, so I suggested when that was done that we go to Moser Park in New Haven so I could do my running on the Greenway. He hasn't been running much lately, so he put his bike in the van and after his appointment was over, we headed over there.

At 4:30 in the afternoon, it's close to being the hottest time of the day, so I was glad for the shaded trails. It didn't take me too long to get into a good rhythm and before I knew it, I'd reached the two-mile mark on the trail and turned around to go back into New Haven.


Shortly after turning around, I met another runner coming at me whom I'd passed early in my run. This time I asked him how far he was running, to which he replied, "Thirteen miles." I told him I was going to do that in September and he said, "So am I. See you there!" That entire conversation took place without either of us missing a step and both of us yelling to be heard as the distance between us grew longer.

When we'd completed the four miles - me running and Romie cycling - I felt like I could have run another mile or two, and maybe I should have, but I've got to run a 5K on Saturday, so I didn't want to take a chance of overdoing it so soon before a race.

It's days like this that make me really glad I'm doing this running thing.

1 comment: