But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Top Ten Reasons Not To Run Today


10. It's too windy.

9. I'm too busy.
8. I'm too tired.
7. Missing one day won't hurt.
6. I've got a headache.
5. It's too cold.
4. It's too hot.
3. My legs hurt.
2. I can do it tomorrow.

And the number one reason not to run today: I just don't want to.

For some reason, I'm having a real mental battle with myself. I want to do this, but I don't want to do this. Whether I'm running on the treadmill or out on the road, I'm having to fight for every minute to keep going. We talked about this with Jamey last Thursday and he tells us it's normal. He also said as we set larger goals for ourselves, it will continue to be difficult. Anything worth working for isn't easy.

I love how much more physically fit I am. My abdominal muscles are hard as a rock when I tense them up. It's been a very long time since they were like that. My leg muscles aren't as flabby as they once were either. And the fact that I don't get all that winded when running (like I used to) tells me my cardio-pulmonary health has improved, too.

So, regardless of all those reasons not to run, there are much better ones telling me to keep it up.

No comments: