But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Morning News

This morning, I awoke at 4:00 a.m., a time I rarely see at the beginning of my day. (I'm a hopeless night owl.) I had to leave home by 5:00 a.m. to be at Jamey's office in Fort Wayne at 6:00, for taping of a running tips segment for Indiana's News Center Channel 21, the ABC affiliate in Fort Wayne that is the sponsor of our training group.

I was joined by Terry and Rhonda while Jamey demonstrated some ways to use a big ball to help with core strengthening exercises. The whole segment didn't take more than a couple of minutes to do, and was filmed live with a several seconds delay.

Click on photo to go to Channel 21's page of all fitness
videos, then click on the one you want to view.


Once we finished, we walked across the street to Starbucks, where Jamey treated us to a drink. I don't like coffee or tea, so what do you get to drink in a coffee shop like that? I chose a delicious carbonated clementine drink called Izze.

Due to the ever-rising cost of gas, I chose to stay in town today since we also had a training session later. Jenna lives nearby and is off work until after her honeymoon. She and Joe will be married on Saturday, so we spent the day running necessary errands that needed to be done before the wedding.

We returned to her apartment around 3:00 p.m. and I took a short nap. Around 4:30, I decided I would run from her apartment to the ASH Centre, where we train. I ran there without stopping, which took 10:33. Brian led us in station core training for the next hour, then I ran back to Jenna's. It took me 10:22 going back.

I'm not sure if I'll do any running or not, until after the wedding this Saturday. We'll see how things go. I'm just not going to stress myself a whole lot by trying to fit things into my schedule that really don't fit. It's not every day that your baby girl gets married.

No comments: