But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Greenway


Ashley and I got back to running together after work. Bad weather or prior obligations on Wednesday evenings had prevented us from it for three weeks. Though I'd been back to regular running for a week or so, I struggled as much as Ashley, who hadn't run at all for the last two weeks.


We ran down to Moser Park, where the River Greenway path starts. We ran until we'd passed our halfway mark of 15 minutes, then turned around and headed back to the office. It's beautiful along the Greenway, and we decided we'll just drive down there the next time and do all of our running along it.

I told Ashley I was going to run the New Haven Canal Days 5K and she said she wanted to run it, too. It's good to have a purpose to running and since that race is on June 7th, this will help motivate us to stick with our regular runs, both on Wednesdays and the rest of the time in between.

I don't do well with long-term goals. I'm a "I want it and I want it now" kind of person when it comes to things like this. I want to be a runner that is in such good shape that it's not a struggle to go out and run a few miles every day, and it's not like that yet. But when I look back on how it was the first few weeks of starting this adventure, I can see the progress I've made and it's amazing.

No comments: