But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Monday, May 5, 2008

Life Can Get in the Way


Wasn't it John Lennon that said, "Life is what happens while making other plans"? I feel like I'm living that life right now and I feel like my running schedule has suffered.


Gardening
Running
Gardening
Writing
Gardening
Fibromyalgia
Gardening
Bridal Shower
Gardening
Writing
Gardening
Working
Gardening
Running
Gardening

It's kind of like that. And I'm exhausted. But that's usually the case this time of year. We have large gardens and this is an extremely busy time. This will be over soon, and I can get back to some sort of normalcy.

I missed a couple of days running although I'm still current with the training schedule (Run 9:00, Walk 2:00, Repeat, Run 8:00). I noticed that my lungs and heart didn't suffer from missing those days, but my legs did. They just felt more tired. I'm not very good at multitasking and changing gears is really hard for me. As I'm immersed in one thing - mainly gardening, at the moment - I find it difficult to stop doing that and do whatever else needs doing. Like running. I do it, but mentally, I'm somewhere else.

The training group is going to run a 5K on May 17th - the Warbird Brewing Company 5K. Our daughter Jenna's wedding is that day. I don't think she'd be too happy with me if I tried to squeeze the 5K in. But I do hate missing running with the group.
117.5

No comments: