But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Teeny Tiny Glimpse of Reality

My parents live 13 miles from us. When I think about running all the way from our house to theirs, I want to laugh and say, "Yeah, right!" But. But. But. That's my goal, isn't it? I'm glad September is a long way off. And I'm glad I'll have someone who will show me how this will one day be a reality.

I have a high school girlfriend that lives in Redmond, Washington, that happens to be a dental hygienist, like I am. About three years ago, when she was 48 years old, she ran a half-marathon in Seattle. I thought she was nuts. I looked up her time: 2:37:16. Her average pace was 12:00. Gack.

I should call her.


2 comments:

beckie said...

Kylee, how is the training going? And how are you handling it? Lie you, the Drs. have said exercise!, but didn't feel up to it at all. Now, I am, but slowly as I find I can still overdo. Probably all those years of being a lump!
Here's me cheering for you.."Run Kylee, Run!!"

Kylee Baumle said...

The training hasn't begun yet. I'll find out what we're really in for at the meeting tomorrow night.

Beckie, I hear you when you say you didn't feel up to exercising. Why would you want to do something with your legs when they hurt before you start?

And overdoing . . . well, that's another thing altogether. As you know, some days are better than others. I have a bad habit of doing way too much on the good days, because I figure "make hay while the sun shines" and all that. But then I pay for it the next two or three days and even breathing is an effort. I need to learn to pace myself. Do a reasonable amount when I feel good, then maybe on the not-so-good days I can at least do a little. But I'm a slow learner. LOL.